Thursday, December 1, 2011

24 Days Until Christmas

Christmas again?? It feels like each year Christmas pops out at me shouting "Here I am. Show me the money!" This year (like so many others) money is tight and Christmas isn't going to be as spectacular as I hoped. I decided the best way to make this Christmas special is to do a little something special for my kids each day. Sort of a Christmas countdown, but also a way to bring out some Christmas spirit.

Day 1 - 24 Days Until Christmas (Let's hope my math is right)

Today's specialty are Chocolate Chip Cookies. I came across these and thought it would be fun to have them ready for the kids when they get home from school. They are easy enough to not make me feel overwhelmed by them and they won't interfere with the cleaning I need to accomplish. This countdown should not (and will not) feel overwhelming. It is supposed to be FUN.






Edited to add: These cookies were a HUGE hit! They were a very good chocolate chip cookie. Definitely worth making... again and again and again.... But, beware you don't overcook them.

No comments:

Post a Comment